A favorite freezer meal of ours are freezer burritos. This recipe makes approximately 20 burritos, and can be customized to your taste and diet.
20 flour tortillas (I used 8″ tortillas)
2 pounds ground beef
2 packages of your favorite taco seasoning
2 cans of refried beans
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Start by dicing your peppers and sauteing in a little olive oil until they are soft.
While you are doing that, brown your ground beef, drain any fat, and add in the taco seasoning. After the meat is seasoned, add in the refried beans.
Mix in the shredded cheese and sauteed peppers.
- use ground turkey instead of beef;
- add more or less meat, beans or cheese;
- use any flavor of cheese that you prefer;
- use spicy taco seasoning or mild;
- add an onion;
- use any color of peppers that you like;
- add in black beans.