Have you ever felt proud of a deal you got? I did feel proud for a moment, then realized it wasn’t as good of a deal as I originally thought. Since we are on a very tight budget, I’ve started to think about Christmas gifts and I am not typically an early shopper. I was browsing through some local online ads and saw this Little People construction set. They asked $10, I offered $7, they said they would take $8. Enter the pride. Look at me. $8 for a great toy for Silas for Christmas and it wasn’t even October yet. The seller lived about 45 minutes away but agreed to meet halfway. Even better! So here’s how it went and how the deal ended up not being much of a deal at all.
- Agree to meet at 10am.
- Dee reminds me the van needs gas & he needs the gas can filled for the lawn mower.
- Text to say I’m running 15 minutest late.
- Rush out the door.
- Stop at gas station to fill van and gas can.
- Remember I have no cash & I need ones to pay $8.
- Not wanting to be any later, I use the ATM inside the gas station.
- Meet her, get the construction set, pay $8.
- Go home.